I am a private tutor and development specialist utilizing 15 years of teaching experience as well as Montessori training and certifications in the Orton-Gillingham method and Handwriting Without Tears. I have experience working with diverse learners, including exceptional and gifted children.
People describe me as an authentic, bold, empowering and inspiring leader.
- University of Maryland Bachelor of Science in Family Studies, Certificate in Women's Studies
- 15 years of teaching experience
- Elementary Credentials I & II; ages 6 – 12, Center for Montessori Teacher Education, NC
- Integrated various learning styles into a multi-age classroom
- Develops instruction based on individualized needs
- Team Development Facilitator
- GED/ABLE Tutor
- Orton-Gillingham (IMSE Comprehensive Training, completed June, 2016) - uses multi-sensory strategies for K-3 reading proficiency for general and special education, remedial and English language learners (www.orton-gillingham.com)
- Handwriting Without Tears (K-5 Handwriting, completed June 2016) - uses engaging multi-sensory techniques and research-based methods to make handwriting a natural and automatic skill for children of all ages and abilities (www.hwtears.com)